Blue Cat Audio celebrates the beginning of 2022 with an update for all of its free plugins, adding Apple Silicon support and several other improvements.
The new versions of the 7 included plugins (Blue Cat’s Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, FreqAnalyst, Gain Suite, Triple EQ and Free Amp) now support the new Apple M1, M1X and M1 Pro processors natively, for optimal performance and compatibility. The update also includes improvements in its MIDI implementation, performance tweaks, and several fixes for the VST3 plugin format.
This bundle contains a wide range of premium modulation effects,a guitar amp simulator, a single and dual-channel equalizer, a unique midi-controllable gain suite, as well as a professional spectrum analyzer.
Changes in Blue Cat’s Freeware Plug-ins Pack II
- Native Apple Silicon (M1 processor) support.
- Dropped 32-bit support on Mac.
- Now requires MacOS 10.9 and newer.
- Added MIDI control support (MIDI CC messages) for Next and Previous Preset commands, with MIDI learn.
- Improved MIDI & automation control settings with lock, reset and “save as global setting” capabilities.
- Unicode support.
- Reduced the number of threads used by the plug-in.
- Reduced memory footprint.
- VST3: fixed random crash in Ableton Live 11 upon load.
- VST3: fixed parameters update issues in Studio One when bouncing tracks.