Blue Cat Audio has released Blue Cat’s Protector 2.0, a total redesign of its brickwall limiter plug-in for Windows and Mac.
This new version brings a brand new user interface with much more visual feedback (including rms metering, attenuation history, loudness boost measurement, improved readability), as well as many new features and enhancements: a new presets manager, new MIDI and automation mapping capabilities, new presets, Windows AAX support, and much more.
The plug-in is available alone or as part of several bundles. New customers can purchase the single plug-in with 25% off, or the “Blue Cat’s Energy Pack” dynamics processing bundle with 15% off during three weeks, while existing customers can upgrade to the new version for a small fee. Demo versions can be downloaded on www.bluecataudio.com, in VST, RTAS, AAX, Audio Unit and DirectX formats (32 and 64-bit).
Changes in Protector v2.0
- Brand new fully customizable user interface.
- New gain reduction history display.
- New input and output RMS meters.
- The meters can now be zoomed to improve their precision.
- New average loudness boost meter.
- New DC Filter to kill DC offset.
- New integrated presets manager:
- Load/save presets from the plug-in’s user interface.
- Organize presets with folders.
- Customize the default preset.
- Exchange presets easily.
- Automation range and response curve can now be customized for each parameter.
- Automation and MIDI settings (channel, MIDI learn etc.) are now accessible from the main user interface.
- AAX plug-in format is now also supported on Windows.
- Improved the algorithms for increased precision of the limiter.
- Side chaining made easy: the MIDI and automation side chaining capabilities can now be fully configured within the main user interface.
- Various improvements and fixes.
Protector available to purchase for the introductory price of 59 EUR / $74 USD (instead of 79 EUR / $99 USD). The upgrade from Protector 1 is 15 EUR / $19 USD. Protector is also included in Blue Cat’s Energy Pack, which is also discounted for the next three weeks.