Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.2 of Blue Cat’s Destructor, a powerful distortion and amp simulation effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
The update comes with user interface zoom (up to 2x), retina displays support, and a new installer for Mac. Presets management has also been improved, and a few minor issues have been fixed. New legendary guitar tone presets are also available for free on bluecataudio.com.
Blue Cat’s Destructor is a powerful distortion and amp sim modeling tool capable of simulating any kind of distortion – from harsh digital destruction to smooth compression or guitar amp simulation (works for clean tones too)! And most importantly, yours!
It is delivered with hundreds of presets and predefined models, either inspired by existing gear (guitar & bass amps or cabinets, compressors, pedals, tape machine)… or created by our destructive minds.
Changes in Blue Cat’s Destructor v1.2
- The GUI can now be zoomed from 70% to 200%.
- Last loaded preset is now remembered in session and displayed in the presets menu.
- Plug-in state can now be reverted to the last loaded preset.
- Default preset now also saves the state of locks (when using “save as user default”).
- New installer on Mac.
- Now supports retina displays on Mac.
- Misc performance enhancements.
- VST3: factory presets are not exposed to the host application anymore.
- Fixed: the state of the plug-in was not fully restored when loading presets while bypassed.
- Fixed minor compatibility issues with Mac OS High Sierra.
- Dropped support for legacy RTAS and DirectX plug-in formats.
Blue Cat’s Destructor for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available from Blue Cat Audio and distributor Plugin Boutique, priced at 99 EUR.