Blue Cat Audio has announced version 4.2 of its Blue Cat’s Dynamics flexible all-in-one dynamics processor plugin.
The update comes With a brand new, fully zoomable user interface, dual lookahead capabilities and many new features and enhancements. It offers even more control over the dynamics of the audio signal with a greatly improved workflow.
Blue Cat’s Dynamics is a full featured dynamics processor: it can be used as a compressor, limiter, gate, expander, waveshaper or all at once! The dynamics response of the plug-in can be tweaked with a unique two-thresholds system, and provides detailed visual feedback about its behavior.
The plug-in includes several filters to control the frequencies affected by the compression. Its continuous VCA/Opto and Peak/RMS controls let you smoothly and precisely choose the behavior of the envelope detection like you have never been able to.
Changes in Blue Cat’s Dynamics v4.2
- Brand new GUI design, with improved usability and touchscreen support.
- The GUI can now be zoomed from 70% to 200%.
- Lock the GUI state to prevent changes when loading presets.
- New lookahead function for the dynamics section.
- New brickwall limiter with optional lookahead.
- Link pre and makeup gain to compensate gain changes.
- Lock GUI state to prevent changes when loading presets.
- Last loaded preset is now remembered in session and displayed in the presets menu.
- Plug-in state can now be reverted to the last loaded preset.
- Save and reload dynamics curves and bands as presets (+copy & paste).
- Now supports retina displays on Mac (text and graphs using high resolution).
- Mac: new installer.
- Mac: fixed minor compatibility issues with Mac OS High Sierra and Mojave.
- Changed demo limitations: up to 5 instances allowed, bypass time changed to half a second, and bypass parameter is not affected anymore.
- Dropped support for Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.6 and earlier.
- Dropped support for legacy RTAS and DirectX plug-ins formats.
- Fully compatible with previous versions of the plug-in (except for VST3 on Mac, as explained below).
The upgrade is free for existing customers.