Cherry Audio has kicked off its “Bob Moog Appreciation Month” with the release of Minimode, a painstaking virtual emulation of the legendary Minimoog Model D analog synthesizer.
When we set out to create Minimode, we focused on a single principle: absolute authenticity. We studied and measured every nuance, every curve, and every response of the audio. The interface is a meticulous recreation of the original, from the maple cabinet and textured surface to the unmistakable knobs and switches.
The resulting monophonic tones are so mighty that we could not resist adding one particular enhancement: we’ve made it easy to dial in two, four, eight, or sixteen polyphonic voices guaranteed to bring the house down. Minimode also includes a library of over 250 presets, and we’ve added a new feature to Minimode: the ability to save custom MIDI controller mappings to individual presets or globally, or both.
- Faithful virtual analog emulation of the legendary Model D.
- All features of the original in a realistic interface exactly as the original.
- Three oscillators with triangle, sawtooth-triangular, ramp sawtooth, square, wide rectangular, and narrow rectangular waveforms.
- Classic four-pole, 24dB/octave ladder filter.
- Feedback and Sidechain, replicating the original instrument’s External Input function with super accurately replicated overdrive characteristics.
- Fully programmable with over 250 factory preset patches created by pro sound designers.
- Monophonic and polyphonic modes: 1, 2, 4, 8, or 16 voices.
- Superbly accurate modeling of inherent oscillator mixer and VCA overdrive characteristics.
- MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) support for expressive performances using MPE-compatible controllers.
- Complete MIDI control and DAW automation for all controls, with easy-to-use MIDI learn.
- Preset and Global level MIDI mapping.
- Cherry Audio’s acclaimed Focus zoom-in feature.
- Highly optimized coding for optimal performance with ultra-low CPU load.
- User-adjustable oversampling control.
The plugin is available for Windows and macOS, in VST/VST3, AU, AAX, and standalone formats.