String Audio has announced the release of Dark Matter 2, a Kontakt instrument library featuring over 35 GB of original sample material.
DARK MATTER 2 is the ultimate tool to create outstanding textures, atmospheres, drones, soundscapes and pulses.
Each instrument is composed of six layers and features several GB of sample material, giving you a lot of combinations and sound colors. Use one of the pre-programmed snapshots or use the powerful randomize function to create your own sounds.
Dark Matter 2 features
- 35+GB of original sample material (21GB using Kontakt’s lossless sample storage compression).
- All sample content of Dark Matter 1 (owners of Dark Matter 1 don’t need to re-download it) plus 15+GB of brand new sample content (11GB using Kontakt’s lossless sample storage compression).
- 5000+ high-quality samples.
- 6 layers.
- 340+ pre-programmed Snapshots.
- Main Engine: Individual layer controls for pitch, volume, pan, solo, mute, effects bypass, layer lock, adsr, layer boost and cut, pan and amp LFO send.
- Powerful randomize function.
- Dedicated Motion Engine: Arpeggiator, Pan and Amp LFO.
- Dedicated Color Engine: six separate convolvers, 120+ convolution Impulse Responses, Randomize function.
- Dedicated Effect Engine: skreamer, lo-fi, chorus, tape saturation, delay, chorus and distortion (controlled by the modulation wheel, Randomize function.
- Dedicated Reamp Engine: add punch and saturation to each layer and boost low, mid and hi frequencies.
Dark Matter 2 for Kontakt 5.5.1 or higher (full version) is on sale for $149 USD until June 12th (regular $169 USD).
Owners of the first Dark Matter library can get Dark Matter 2 for just $69 USD during the sale (regular $89 USD).