Recognizing a crucial, unfulfilled need in the professional market for products that can command and manage a wide variety of audio sources through a single unit, the DN-508MX and 508MXA Zone Mixers are refreshingly uncomplicated, high-performance solutions for controlling and routing up to eight audio sources in multi-room venues. Special attention has been paid to the design of the front panel interface to make them intuitive and easy to operate, which makes the “learning curve” on these products very short. The 508MXA has on-board zone amplification for added flexibility when configuring a specific system with different requirements.
Typical applications include restaurants, hotels, museums, nightclubs, sports bars and large corporate offices. Both mixers have remote controllability via RS-232C and IP for the commercial installations. The DN-508MX and 508MXA also have several features dedicated for professional use such as a professional grade head-amp, MIC/LINE PAD, full BTL balanced outputs, 3-band EQ for inputs, 5-band EQ for outputs, Priority, Delay, Dynamics, system control application (Web remote) and scheduling function to operate automatically for optimum energy efficiency.
A Web-based GUI makes it simple to control every function of the unit, from whatever device is most convenient for the user.
DN-508MA and DN-508MXA key features
- 6 MIC/LINE input, 4 ST input, 1 AUX input (Front & Rear), 8 ZONE outputs.
- Web-based GUI for simple operation.
- Professional grade MIC head amp.
- Full BTL circuit for balanced output.
- Professional-grade grounding and sound quality.
- Auto Fade function for source selection.
- Ethernet for TCP/IP control.
- RS-232C control for device mode and host mode.
- External MUTE control.
- Phantom +18V for all MIC inputs.
- AGC function for AUX input.
- Page control for MIC/LINE1-2.
- 3 Band EQ for all inputs.
- 5 Band EQ for all ZONE outputs.
- 1st and 2nd Priority function for all outputs.
- Delay function for all ZONE outputs.
- Dynamics function for all ZONE outputs.
- Input SIG/PK indicator for all inputs.
- Output SIG/PK indicator for all ZONE outputs.
The DN-508MXA adds to the above 60 watts of low-distortion amplification (0.5% THD) to Zones 1-4 with Selectable Output Mode for 4 or 8-ohm speakers. For 70V/100V and BTL applications, the 508MXA delivers two zones of 120-watt amplification. There is also a selectable on/off High-Pass Filter (80Hz) for each of the amplified zones.
“These new zone mixers are exactly what professional system designers and installers have been looking for,” said Paul Jenkins, Vice-President of Sales for Denon Professional. “Now it’s possible to route and control a wide variety of audio sources in a multi-room environment and to do so with precise command over the parameters of each individual zone. People are going to love these.”
The DN-508MX and DN-508MXA will ship with MSRPs of £449.99 GBP and £669.99 GBP, respectively. Both will be available in Q1 of 2016.
See the entire line of innovative, exciting Denon Professional products at ISE 2016, February 9-12 Amsterdam RAI, Hall 7, Stand H197.
More information: Denon Professional