Detune has announced the Korg M01D, a music workstation for the Nintendo 3DS.
The KORG M01D is a music workstation based on the KORG M1 the world’s first widely known music workstation. The M1 was released in 1988 by KORG Inc., one of the most famous and leading electronic musical instrument companies.
The KORG M01D reproduces the M1’s unforgettable digital sounds of the 80s such as the “M1 piano”, still heard on many songs today.
With 24 voice-polyphony, over 300 sounds and an easy to operate sequencer, the KORG M01D helps you play and create your music at any place, and at any time, in a palm-size package!
Korg M01D features
- 8 part multi-timbral synthesizer with 342 sounds (max 24 voices). Includes all of the original sounds from the KORG M1, selected sounds from the KORG 01/w and some all new sounds developed for the M01.
- Master effects: Reverb and Delay.
- 8 track/max 64 step sequencer for 1 scene/ up to 99 scenes.
- Sound browser, Mixer, Keyboard.
- Easy input “KAOSS” mode for notes, chords and drums using the touch screen.
- Exchange song data with other Nintendo 3DS using Nintendo local wireless communication and via the Internet.
- 3D viewing of M01D on the 3D Screen.
The M01D will be available this May in Japan, and Summer 2013 worldwide. Price TBA.
More information: Detune