DtBlkFx by Darrell Barrell is a freeware Fast-Fourier-Transform (FFT) based Multi effect VST plug-in for Windows and Mac.
This effect works differently to most others – instead of filtering or distorting audio data directly, it finds the frequency spectrum via a fast-fourier-transform and then does stuff to that.
DtBlkFx v1.1 features
- Precision parametric equalizing with sharp-roll off, adjust individual harmonics of a sound.
- Harmonic based (or comb) filtering, including active harmonic tracking.
- Various types of noise control, change contrast between loud and soft frequencies, clip frequencies or apply sound smearing.
- Frequency shifting, harmonic and non-harmonic shifting, including active harmonic repitch.
- Various methods of mixing left and right channels, standard and harmonic vocoding, convolution like mixing and more.
- Frequency masking, set harmonic or threshold masks for any effect.
- Up to 8 effects in series.
- GUI graphics can be customized.
DtBlkFx is available to download as a free VST effect plug-in for Windows and Mac (last update: 15 Apr, 2008, Windows version).
The download includes a manual in HTML format. You can also get a pdf version here (thanks George!)
Update: Note that Windows users can also get a 64-bit version at GitHub (thanks Dozius!).
The Mac version is built as universal binaries and should run on PowerPC & Intel Macs. Note: there is currently no GUI with this Mac version.