EarMaster has just added a new in-app course to its ever-growing list of available exercises. Aural Trainer for ABRSM includes hundreds of interactive exercises that help students taking an ABRSM exam master all the skills required to pass the Aural Tests defined by the British Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music from Grade 1 to Grade 5.
The exercises included in the course cover:
- Pulse and Metre (Grades 1-3): Clap the pulse of a musical excerpt, and identify the metre.
- Echoes (Grades 1-3): Sing back a short melody.
- Differences (Grades 1-3): Spot the difference between two melodies played consecutively.
- Musical Features (Grades 1-5): Notice and characterise the features of musical excerpts.
- Melodic Repetition (Grades 4-5): Sing back a short melody.
- Rhythmic Repetition and Metre (Grades 4-5): Clap back the rhythm of a short melody.
- Sight-Singing (Grades 4-5): Sing notes from a score in free time.
The ABRSM is one of the world’s largest educational organizations, based in the UK but used in 93 countries, and whose exams are taken by over 600,000 students each year. ‘Aural Trainer for ABRSM’ gives students taking an ABRSM exam the opportunity to show up at their final aural exams well-prepared and confident, after practicing with EarMaster’s interactive exercises that simulate exam situations and challenge the same skills as those assessed by the examiners.
EarMaster’s ‘Aural Trainer for ABRSM’ is noticeably the only app that preparing for ABRSM aural exams that is available on all common platforms, and is therefore compatible with educational settings where students have devices running on various platforms.
The new course is available as an in-app purchase on iOS, Mac and Android. A regular one-off license can also be acquired for desktop computers (Windows and Mac) for 34.95 USD/EUR. A time-limited 40% intro discount is offered until July 1st, 2023. Aural Trainer for ABRSM is also included in EarMaster’s monthly and annual subscriptions.
More information: EarMaster