ESI has announced the launch of a new Dante audio interface which offers a solution without any compromise in audio quality.
With the help of the planet 22c interface, Dante networks can be expanded quickly and easily, whether at concerts, broadcasting stations or in the installation area. The interface is also ideal for mobile use due to its compact size and low weight. Next to the popular planet 22x, this is the second Dante-capable device made by ESI.
planet 22c is equipped with two balanced inputs and outputs for connecting devices such as mixers, synthesizers and instruments. The built-in Burr-Brown 24-bit digital converters, the linear frequency
response and a dynamic range up to 120 dB(A) offer the perfect solution for expanding a Dante network. Moreover, it is possible to power the device not only via the included 12V DC power supply
but directly via the network cable as a PoE device.
planet 22c features
- Dante network audio interface with 2 analog inputs and 2 analog outputs.
- Reference level audio quality for professional applications.
- Supports -10dBV (consumer) and +4dBu (professional) audio levels for input and output.
- Balanced analog inputs (TRS, 6.3mm, 1/4″).
- BurrBrown PCM1804DB 24-bit stereo ADC with 110dB dynamic range (A-weighted).
- Maximum input level: +6dBV (-10dBV setting), +20dBu (+4dBu setting).
- Input frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz +/- 0.1dB.
- Balanced analog outputs (TRS, 6.3mm, 1/4″).
- BurrBrown PCM1796DB 24-bit stereo DAC with 120dB dynamic range (A-weighted).
- Maximum output level: +6dBV (-10dBV setting), +20dBu (+4dBu setting).
- Output frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz +/- 0.05dB.
- Supports 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96 kHz at 24-bit.
- Latency based on network configuration, typically around 1ms.
- Power supply via network cable (PoE / Power over Ethernet).
- Optional 12V DC power supply included.
- Dimensions: around 10.5cm x 11cm x 2.5cm.
- Weight: around 236g.
Priced 279 EUR (MSRP), the planet 22c starts shipping in Europe in March. Due to the ongoing global logistical challenges it will be available later this year in other parts of the world.
More information: ESI