Eventide Audio has announced the availability of the UltraTap Pedal, a unique multi-tap effect pedal capable of rhythmic delays, glitchy reverbs, huge pad-like volume swells, and extraordinary modulation.
It’s the perfect tool for staccato leads, swelling chords, and other evolving effects — everything from reversed reverbs to the sound of ripping it up in the Grand Canyon!
Like all dot9 pedals, UltraTap features onboard tone controls with mono or stereo operation, MIDI, preset storing, and most importantly a compact, easy-to-use formfactor.
UltraTap Pedal features
- “Slurm” An exclusive and innovative control that smears/slurs taps together to create truly unique reverbs and choruses.
- “Chop” and “Spd/Rise/Rel” combine to allow unusual and expressive modulation of the taps based on LFO shapes or the audio’s envelope.
- “Feedback” unlocks further tone shaping capability.
- “Taps” selects up to 64 taps to create simple repeats or morph delays into chorus and reverb.
- “Spread” controls the ‘distance’ between’ taps. With the knob centered, the taps are equally spaced, turn clockwise and the later taps are bunched together, counterclockwise and the early taps are bunched together. Use this control to dial in the perfect rhythmic space between taps.
- “Tap Footswitch” allows you to set the tempo of the taps.
- Control the stereo image of taps to alternate between hard-panned and mono.
- Five presets loaded at your feet with dozens more available with Eventide Device Manager (EDM) software.
- Dual-action Active Footswitch is latching or momentary.
- Onboard LFOs and envelopes to chop the sound source into stuttered rhythms. (Moved this bullet point to control features since it doesn’t fit the diagram.)
- Rear panel Guitar/Line Level switch for matching levels of guitars, synths, FX loops, or DAW interface.
- Map any combination of parameters to an Expression Pedal.
- Use a single Aux switch to Tap Tempo or a triple Aux switch for easy preset changing (up/down/load).
- MIDI capability over TRS (use with a MIDI to TRS cable or converter box) or USB.
- Multiple Bypass options: Buffered, Relay, DSP+FX, or Kill dry.
- Catch-up mode helps dial in your sound when toggling between presets/parameters.
- Eventide Device Manager PC or Mac application for software updates, system settings, and creating/saving presets.
The pedal is available for purchase for $279 USD.
More information: Eventide Audio