Eventide has released version 1.5 of the Elevate Bundle, a collection of plugin in collaboration with audio tools creator Newfangled Audio.
Version 1.5 adds Saturate spectral clipper and Punctuate transient emphasis plugin to the bundle, as well as feature improvements to EQuivocate and Elevate.
Saturate is a spectral clipper plug-in, useful for mixing or mastering. As such, it adds up to 24dB of drive with a variable CLIPPER SHAPE parameter that moves from a pleasant soft curve to full hard clipping.
Unique spectral processing maintains the tonal balance of the distorted signal, no matter how hard it is pushed. Saturate automatically compensates output level based on the DRIVE control or, alternatively, allows this to be controlled manually.
Meanwhile, as a transient emphasis plug-in, Punctuate is also useful for mixing or mastering.
Musically speaking, it offers up to 26 auditory bands of TRANSIENT EMPHASIS or suppression while its unique ADAPTIVE TRANSIENT and ADAPTIVE LENGTH controls allow algorithms to tailor each band’s transient shaper to what the listener’s ear wants to hear. Helpfully, customizable parameters for each band also allow users to tweak the result, if needed.
The Elevate Bundle 1.5 update also brings several feature improvements to the original pairing of EQuivocate, an Auditory Graphic EQ based on the critical bands of the human ear, and its Elevate namesake, a unique multi-band limiter, human ear EQ, and powerful audio maximizer first released late last year as the most advanced mastering plug-in ever created.
EQuivocate benefits from a new RANGE feature, allowing users to scale or invert the total dB range for the EQ in order to change the total amount of EQ applied after setting the individual bands. This also allows users to scale the range of the MATCH EQ before and after it has been set.
Additionally, each band benefits from enable buttons to easily turn bands on and off for better workflow with improvements implemented elsewhere also assisting.
Essentially, Elevate adds true peak limiting, preventing final masters from clipping during reproduction and ensuring compatibility with all broadcast standards.
Elevate Bundle features
- Analyzes and alters the gain, speed and transients of each filter band in real time.
- Includes presets by: APS Mastering, Matt Lange, Jeremy Lubsey, Eric Beam, ROCAsound, Chris Tabron and John McCaig.
- Automatically adapts the attack, release and look-ahead parameters for each filter band to greatly reduce “pumping” and breathing artifacts and perceived distortion.
- Preserves or emphasizes fast transients to avoid squashing your mix.
- Manipulates transients across the critical bands to preserve the attacks from kick drums, snares and cymbals, without affecting the entire mix.
- Uses linear phase auditory filters — based on the Mel Scale — to manipulate the audio in a way that is natural to your inner ear.
- Solo the output of one band (or a number of bands) to hone in on problem frequencies, tweak transients or alter gain.
- Use the Auto Output Level feature to compare the limited signal to non-limited signals with the same amount of gain allowing you to easily hear what impact the processing is having on your sound.
- Use the Spectral Clipper to overdrive the final output without affecting the tonal balance or allowing the signal to get “tubby.” Perfect for a more aggressive sound.
- Six different types of metering allow you to keep an eye on every aspect of your output audio.
Owners of EQuivocate can upgrade to Elevate Bundle 1.5 for $99 USD during the intro sale (regular $149 USD). Owners of Elevate can upgrade to Elevate Bundle 1.5 for free at anytime.
More information: Elevate Bundle