Orange Tree Samples has released Evolution Flatpick 6, a new steel string acoustic guitar library for Native Instruments Kontakt Player, in collaboration with Guy Randle and Ryan Tilby.
From feathery soft dynamics to bright energetic sustains, Evolution Flatpick 6 gives you a highly-authentic flatpicking guitar perfect for folk, country, and bluegrass music. Evolution Flatpick 6 features a handmade steel string acoustic guitar with a full, lively tone. Crafted by a distinguished luthier, the guitar’s construction features a special variation on hybrid bracing, using smaller and lighter braces for a rich bass response and crisp treble frequencies.
We developed the library in collaboration with Rosewood Recording Company, one of Utah’s most venerable recording studios. Guy Randle, the owner and recording engineer at Rosewood Recording Company, incorporated analog audio equipment to skillfully sculpt and emphasize the rich tonal qualities of the guitar. Evolution Flatpick 6 includes both the as-recorded signal as well as an enhanced signal. Although we feel that the latter option best represents our vision for the sound of the acoustic guitar, the unprocessed signal is also at your disposal for additional flexibility.
Evolution Flatpick 6 features
- Built-in strum pattern editor for authentic guitar strumming.
- Adjustable pick position using our proprietary physical modeling technology.
- Powerful mapping system that lets you set how you want to trigger articulations, using conditions such as velocity ranges, MIDI CCs, latching and non-latching keyswitches, and more.
- Multitracking up to quadruple tracking.
- 10.4 GB (compressed to 4.46 GB using the lossless NCW audio format) of 24-bit samples.
- Articulations such as sustains, palm mutes, mutes, natural harmonics, and tapping plus special effects such as string slaps, guitar body hits, and much more.
- MIDI articulations for instant upward/downward grace notes, buzz trills, whole-step slides, whole-step hammer-ons, slides (velocity-based and tempo-synced), octaves, and powerchords.
- Legato samples for slides, hammer-ons, and pull-offs.
- The articulations have 3 dynamics, 2 pick directions (when applicable), and 2x round-robin.
- Separate options for the as-is guitar signal as well as an enhanced signal that uses tasteful processing to increase the richness and sustain of the guitar.
Evolution Flatpick 6 for Kontakt Player (NKS-ready) is available for purchase for the introductory price of $139 USD until September 9th, 2016 (regular $179 USD).
More information: Orange Tree Samples / Evolution Flatpick 6