Expert Sleepers has released Oomingmak, a pitch- and envelope-tracking (re)synthesis effect.
Or, to put it another way, if you feed a sound source (e.g. a guitar) into Oomingmak it will come out sounding like you’re playing an analogue monosynth. Or maybe something else entirely.
- It tracks the pitch and level of the incoming audio and uses them to:
- synthesize an entirely original sound, using classic analogue-style waveforms and subtractive synthesis.
- apply pitch modulation to the incoming audio, while syncing to the original waveform (the classic ‘oscillator sync’ effect, except that the ‘oscillator’ here is your audio).
- The oscillator can also be synced to the incoming audio, and the tracked envelope can be used to modulate the pitch, ﬁlter cut-off and oscillator pulse-width. LFOs are also provided for further modulation possibilities.
- Two ring modulators are also provided, allowing two different combinations of the above sounds to be modulated against each other.
Oomingmak is available for Windows and Mac (AU/VST) for $29 USD. A demo version is available for download.
To celebrate the release of our first all-new product for quite some time, we’re offering $10 off any other Expert Sleepers product when purchased at the same time as Oomingmak.
Visit Expert Sleepers for more information and audio demos.