FabFilter has announced the availability of the latest version of its award-winning filter plugin.
Volcano 3 sees the introduction of a completely reimagined interface, a raft of new vintage-style filter shapes, per-filter saturation control, full visualization of modulation sources and targets, and much more.
With its smooth workflow, no-limits flexibility, and dazzlingly authentic analog sound, it’s the first-call plugin for creative filtering.
Nothing beats a vintage sounding, gritty and creamy cut-off filter. That’s exactly what FabFilter Volcano has been known for since its first release in 2005. Today, Volcano 3 continues to deliver the best in creative filtering with new non-linear filter shapes and a completely redesigned interface that is an absolute delight to work with.
Volcano 3 features
- Up to four simultaneous filters, each drawing on an extensive range of modes and styles for an infinite palette of coloration.
- Wide variety of parallel, serial, and hybrid routing schemes in Stereo, L/R, and M/S modes.
- Fully redesigned, highly streamlined interface.
- Rebuilt filter control panel, including selection and adjustment of multiple filters at once, integrated spectrum analyzer, and optional piano display.
- Even better sounding filter algorithms.
- Independent Drive control for each filter.
- Vintage-style Bell, High/Low Shelf, Notch, and All-Pass filter modes, and extra 6 dB/octave slope option.
- Per-filter level and pan controls.
- Endless modulation options, with as many 16-step XLFOs, XY controllers, envelope generators, envelope followers, and MIDI sources as desired.
- New real-time modulation visualization of both targets and sources, and floating slot panels on all targets.
- High Quality (4x oversampling) mode.
- Curve shaping of Attack, Decay, and Release Envelope Generator stages.
- Envelope Follower transient detection mode.
- Resizable interface with full-screen mode.
- Carefully designed and curated factory presets, plus support for earlier Volcano presets.
- All the usual features FabFilter users have come to expect: perfectly fine-tuned knobs and controllers, interactive MIDI Learn, undo/redo and A/B switch, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an extensive help file with interactive help hints, sample accurate automation, SSE optimization, and more.
FabFilter Volcano 3 for Windows and Mac (VST/VST3, AU, AAX and AudioSuite) is available for purchase at FabFilter and from distributor Plugin Boutique, priced 109 EUR / $129 USD. Existing FabFilter customers can purchase or upgrade to FabFilter Volcano 3 at a discount.
For iOS users, FabFilter Volcano 3 is also available as an AUv3 plug-in via the App Store.