Full Bucket Music has released version 1.2.0 of the scrooo, a free spectral formant synthesizer instrument.
Previously available for Windows only, version 1.2.0 now includes VST and AU plugin formats for macOS. The plugin has been rebased to WDL-OL/IPlug, and a MIDI Learn function has been added.
The scrooo is a polyphonic software synthesizer plug-in for Microsoft Windows (VST) and Apple macOS (VST/AU) based on a spectral formant synthesis architecture and written in native C++ code for high performance.
the scrooo features
- Up to 64 voices polyphony including portamento.
- Two band-limited carrier oscillators.
- Three fully independent formant generator sections.
- Three formant generation modes.
- Two amplifiers with volume and panorama control.
- Three envelopes (ADSR) with exponential slopes.
- Three low frequency oscillators (LFOs) with tempo synchronization.
- MIDI Learn – all parameters can be controlled by MIDI CC.
- Double precision audio processing.
- Plug-in supports Windows and macOS (32 bit and 64 bit).
The scrooo is a free download.
More information: Full Bucket Music