G-Sonique has released Transient shaping system+, a new G-Mix+ series plug-in.
Are your drums or percussion sounding unprofessional, boring and flat? Were they recorded in poor acoustic conditions or just missing transients,punch or energy? Or maybe it’s vice versa and their sound is too sharp and aggressive? No problem! Transient shaping system+ is tool intended to fix most possible problems with your drums or percussion and give them a fresh modern sound, punchy shape and adapt their envelope or transients to your requirements.
Transient shaping system+ is not a dynamic processor that is controlled by input level amounts (like a compressor). Overall sound is controlled and shaped by its own dynamics and transients!
Transient shaping system+ features
- Transient control – long: algorithm for controlling and shaping transients “from the perspective of a longer period of time (in milliseconds)”. Attack and release
knob for setting shape of transients/beat envelope and transient amount knob for setting amount of boosting transients/envelope shape, set by attack and
- Transient control – short: similar algorithm to Transient control – long just aimed to controlling, shaping and boosting transients/beat envelopes from the
perspective of a short period of time (in milliseconds).
- By combinations of short and long transient control you have full freedom to shape the transients / envelopes of your beat. For example: you can keep long
transients in your beat but with just lower volumes (by setting a lower value of transient amount on the long transient control module) and in parallel, add a
short and punchy transient boost by setting high values of transient amounts on the transient control – short module.
- Input and output volume knob: similarly, as with an analog outboard you can affect overall sound by setting the level of input volume.
- Saturation shaping of transient control – short/long module: if there are too sharp and intensive volume peaks / transients after boosting with TSS+ and you
don’t want to compress/limit with additional compressors, you can transform the sharp shape of the transients into rounded analog sounding peaks / transients
with transient shaping control. Saturation shaping is not basic saturation of overall sound that adds higher harmonics as you know from vintage machines, it is
just saturation/rounding of the signal from the transient control module long/sharp by which are multiplied original transients of the dry signal.
- Bypass for comparing your track with and without the effect.
- Dry/Wet knob for precise setting how much of effect will be applied.
- Preset manager with 20 precisely selected example presets for electronic and acoustic Drums and Percussion.
Transient shaping system+ for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for the introductory price of 15.90 EUR.