H.G. Fortune has released ProtoPlasm21 Free, a freeware athmo, pad & texture synthesizer.
The upgraded ProtoPlasm 21 has been reworked at a great extend and has become nearly a completely new synth. With it’s new features like Super Modulation Morphing (SMM), key-control on Delay (LKO), LFO modulation matrix and a dedicated Attack Oscillator it enhances it’s main purpose as synthesizer for vivid textures, soundscapes and pads. Even more with SMM and LKO there is a highly improved realtime control now. 384 patches included. (note: not patchcompatible to prior versions)
- New: one dedicated Attack Oscillator with 50 waveforms controllable by adjustable velocity amount
- New: Super Modulation Morphing via Mod Wheel at selectable rows for the Mod Matrix
- New: Modulation Matrix for LFOs with positive and negative inputs
- New: LKO system for delay with four keydependant modes
- three digital PCM-wave oscillators powered by 128 different waveforms (123 new ones!)
- each oscillator’s level can be modulated by different sources via mod matrix
- one LP filter (24db Lowpass) with ADSR EG, Filter FM and keytracking
- one HP filter (12db Hipass) with ADSR EG, Filter FM and keytracking
- two shapeable LFO with patternlike waveforms (bpm-synced)
- one LFO with 21 complex waveforms and free speed adjustment
- one shapeable Sample & Hold with pattern (bpm-synced)
- adjustable level for direct, LP and HP output with separate pan each
- stereo-delay (bpm-synced)
- four Lazy buttons (Oscillator, Filters, LFO and All related params)
- Changed:Values within framed rectangles can be changed via mouse moving up/down (left mouse key pressed)
The Pro version will be available soon (39 EUR) and it will offer soundfonts for oscillators and the option to load external SF2 and wav files. It will also have 8 voices instead of 4 in the Free version.
Visit H.G. Fortune for more information and a link to download the Free version of ProtoPlasm21.