ICMP has announced the completion of a fantastic new facility accessible exclusively for ICMP students at Tileyard Studios, Europe’s largest hub for music and creative media located in Kings Cross in central London.
Tileyard Studios is the largest professional music community in the UK, with more than 70 state of the art music studios and 100 businesses that provide a home to a wide spectrum of companies working in music, film, television, fashion and creative new tech sectors.
Artists and companies at Tileyard include Mark Ronson, Tynchy Stryder, The Prodigy, John Newman, Lily Allen, Notting Hill Music, Marathon Artists, Spitfire Audio, Musicgurus, The Ticket Fairy and many more
The new class-leading recording facility comprises a spacious, highly specified studio control room and a production studio connected to a well-stocked live room and additional recording spaces. A sound-proofed production booth with tie lines and sightlines through to the live room and three acoustically-treated, climate-controlled writing rooms complement the main studio. These rooms are specified with the following equipment: – Apple iMac 21” – Logic Pro X – Pro Tools – Ableton Live – Novation Launchkey 49 – Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface – PSI A17-M Precision Near Field Monitors – Ableton Push. The detailed studip equipment specification is listed below.
There is a state of the art sky-lit iMac technology suite which provides every student with access to an iMac workstation loaded with Pro Tools, Logic Pro X and Ableton Live. The workstations are equipped with Focusrite Scarlett Solo audio interfaces and Novation Launchkey Mini MIDI keyboards. 10 of the iMacs are complemented by Ableton’s Push 2 controller.
There is also a spacious lecture classroom which provides students with a comfortable custom designed learning environment. The tutor iMac provides audio playback and is connect to a 60” LED screen via Apple TV. With mood lighting throughout, all rooms are acoustically excellent and have been designed with education in mind. Students also have access to mentoring programmes via Tileyard’s community of industry professionals and a range of other support and networking opportunities.
Paul Kirkham, Chief Executive at ICMP said: “Our innovative and exclusive partnership with Tileyard provides our students with unique opportunities to study in and engage with an immersive industry environment, building their networks amongst some of the music industry’s biggest names. We are therefore delighted that this new facility is now available to our students, and it represents another step in our constantly developing and deepening relationship with Tileyard.’
Studio equipment at the facility
- ADAM S5A Mk2 Active Studio Reference Monitor Speakers.
- Yamaha NS10 Studio Monitor Speakers.
- Avantone Mix Cube Monitor Speakers.
- Crane Song HEDD 192 A/D/A Converter.
- Crane Song AVOCET IIA Stereo Monitor Controller.
- Apple Mac Pro Tower Desktop (Pro Tools HD, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live) – 2 x API3124+ 4 channel Preamp.
- 3 x Chandler TG-2 500 Pre Amplifier.
- 6 x API 550B 4 Band Switchable Equalizer.
- 7 x Heritage Audio ’73 Junior API 500 Series Microphone Preamplifier Module.
- Bettermaker EQ 232P.
- 2 x Empirical Labs Distressor EL8-X Compressor.
- Universal Audio 6176 Classic Limiting Amplifier.
- Alan Smart C1 Dual Stereo Compressor.
- Neve 8816 16-channel Summing mixer & 16-channel 8804 Fader Pack.
- Hear Technologies Mix Back 16-channel Monitor Mixer.
- Avid Pro Tools HD Native / 2 x Avid Pro Tools HD I/O.
- Yamaha U3 Acoustic Piano.
- Hammond EP200a.
- Clavinet D6.
More information: The Institute of Contemporary Music Performance