IK Multimedia has announced that AmpliTube X-GEAR has been made available as a free download for AmpliTube 2 Live users and StealthPlug users.
X-GEAR is the first completely expandable guitar amp and effects modeling software system, available as a plug-in and standalone version for Mac/PC, that allows mixing and matching between all the gear models from all current and future “Powered by AmpliTube” products in a single host interface; providing seamless control over every parameter directly from IK’s StompIO revolutionary USB floor controller and audio interface.
By integrating AmpliTube 2 Live into X-GEAR, users will get instant access to major new features like:
- 5 modules including: Tuner, Stomp, Amp, Cabinet and Rack effects (instead of 2 modules).
- Double rig with 8 series/parallel configurations (instead of the single fixed rig).
- 1 new Amp and Cabinet (bringing the number of available Amps and Cabinets to 4).
- Custom amp building (thanks to separate Amp Pre, EQ and Power Section now available) now offering up to 192 different amp combinations.
- More controls like Ambience in the cabinet module and advanced Automation.
- Possibility to integrate AmpliTube 2 Live with other “powered by AmpliTube” software applications, including AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix, Ampeg® SVX and AmpliTube Metal into a single interface with full mixing and matching between the included gear models.
- Seamless integration with StompIO advanced USB floor controller and audio interface for using your computer live like the most powerful multi-FX system ever made.
AmpliTube 2 Live is available as a software-only download in the IK web store for 74.99 EUR / $99.99 USD (exc. taxes) and it is also included in the StealthPlug audio cable interface for 99.99 EUR / $129.99 USD (exc. taxes).
Visit IK Multimedia for more information about AmpliTube 2 Live and X-GEAR.