IK Multimedia has announced the release of an update for T-RackS, bringing full native compatibility with Apple M1 and M2 processors along with T-RackS The Farm Stone Room, a brand-new plugin designed to give drum tracks the sonic impact that only a rare type of stone live room can offer.
Phil Collins made history when he tracked the explosive drum sounds for “In the Air Tonight.” Awash in the unique ambience of the studio’s stone-walled drum room and crushed by compression, it became one of the most recognizable and sought-after drum sounds from the ’80s and still to this day.
Seeking to recapture that magic in their own studio, “Fisher Lane Farm” in the UK, the band Genesis rebuilt a drum room to the same specs as the one where the iconic drum sound was first produced. And while both rare stone live rooms are sadly now gone, IK was given exclusive access to Genesis’ own Fisher Lane Farm before it closed to preserve its distinctive sound forever in The Farm Stone Room.
T-RackS The Farm Stone Room features
- Faithful and exclusive reproduction of the iconic stone room at Genesis’ studio Fisher Lane Farm.
- Two room reverb channels: Neumann U87 pair (Stereo Room) and STC 4021 “Ball and biscuit” (Mono Crush).
- SSL-modelled EQ and dynamics to sculpt the sound in the same way as they did in the studio.
- Analog-modelled “SSL Listen Mic Compressor” on the mono crush signal delivers powerful sound to any drum track.
- IK’s latest proprietary VRM technology delivers the most realistic sound spaces ever.
- Customizable “Curtain Open” or “Curtain Closed” dampening for a bright or darker sound.
- EQ, Pre-delay and expanded Decay Time controls.
- Dry and Wet signal level controls with solo buttons.
- Works as a single plug-in for any DAW or inside the T-RackS 5 suite.
T-RackS The Farm Stone Room (VST/VST3, AU and AAX) is available for the introductory price of 79.99 USD/EUR (regular 99.99 USD/EUR). All pricing excluding taxes.
More information: IK Multimedia