Impact Soundworks has released Super Audio Cart PC, a Kontakt Player powered virtual instrument that emulates the chiptune sounds of AdLib/Soundblaster, Amiga, Atari ST, Commodore 64, WinGroove and many other classic computer sound sets and chips.
Where the original Super Audio Cart focused on home video game systems, Super Audio Cart PC perfectly captures the legendary sounds of classic computer sound sets from the 80s and 90s. In these early days of computing, before multi-gigabyte hard drives and CD-quality audio, a plethora of sound generation and playback methods existed allowing for some truly unique and memorable tones. We’ve captured eight sound sets with a total of over 1,000 authentic presets total!
From the digital FM synthesis of the AdLib soundcard and MSX computer, to the wonderfully lo-fi multisamples of the Amiga, to the grungy pulse-driven synthesis of the Atari’s POKEY, Super Audio Cart PC faithfully reproduces a wide range of tones.
All sounds can be used ‘dry’ to create authentic chiptune music, OR they can be layered n our incredibly powerful 4-part synth engine for endless tweaking, inspiration, and sound design! To showcase everything you can do with these waveforms in our engine, we’ve created a bank of 150+ modern and reimagined sounds to jumpstart your creativity
Super Audio Cart PC features
- Eight legendary computer systems: AMGA, Tracker, POKEY, MSX, C64, ADLIB, AEGIS, WINGROOVE.
- Over 8,000 samples.
- Over 1,100 snapshots.
- Retro waves and multisamples.
- Meticulous editing to preserve authenticity.
- Recorded using actual hardware.
- Free standalone SNESVerb plugin (VST/AU).
- Four independent sound source layers.
- Integrated sound source browser.
- Over a dozen filter models.
- 5 FX racks with 8 modules each.
- Poly arpeggiator, gate & sequencer.
- 64-slot modulation matrix.
- Full NKS compatibility: Komplete Kontrol & Maschine.
- Compatible with the FREE Kontakt Player.
If you want both libraries at once, add both to your cart for an extra bundle discount.