IK Multimedia has announced the sequel to its pocket-sized mic preamp and interface that lets creators, musicians and journalists easily use XLR mics to record, perform and stream with an iPhone, iPad, Android device or DSLR camera.
iRig Pre 2 delivers the same professional sound users are accustomed to, while adding direct monitoring, auto-switching wiring for use with digital cameras, and much more.
Like many of today’s musicians, YouTubers, and broadcasters you probably rely on the professional sound quality you get from using an XLR microphone. But for mobile, on-the-go audio and video creation, XLR mics present some challenges. Many require phantom power, and at best, using them also means dragging along a laptop and boxy audio interface to get the mic preamps along with the phantom power you need.
iRig Pre 2 features
- High-fidelity mic preamp with true +48V phantom power.
- Compact, soft-touch enclosure fits easily in any bag or pocket.
- Works seamlessly with DSLR cameras to achieve better sound.
- Improved functionality with headphone out and volume control.
- Onboard direct monitoring for more precise audio capture.
- Economic power supply using two standard AA batteries.
iRig Pre 2 will be available in March 2021. It is currently available for pre-order for $49.99 USD / 49.99 EUR ex. VAT where applicable.
More information: IK Multimedia