iZotope has announced the release of an update to its complete suite for crafting a professional mix. New features in Neutron 4 include the Assistant View, Unmask Module, reference matching with a new Target Library, Trash mode in the Exciter Module, and a Punch mode in the Compressor Module.
Designed to make crafting a professional mix easier and faster than ever before, Neutron 4 allows users to sculpt sounds seamlessly while staying in their creative flow. Eight powerful plug-ins combine forces through AI-powered assistive audio technology to create the most modern and intelligent mixing experience yet.
Neutron’s Mix Assistant is now modernized into the new Assistant View. Powered by machine learning, the new version listens as soon as you play audio, producing a reference starting point and taking you to an intelligent control center where you can perfect your sound. The new Unmask Module discovers and fixes masking issues for you by making space between two competing tracks, balancing bass and kick, or allowing vocals to shine over your mix. With the new Target Library, dynamically match the tone of your track to a sample or stem with assistive tone-matching technology. Neutron 4 also brings back a slice of the fan-favorite iZotope plug-in, Trash, allowing users to distort and destroy audio and discover new extremes.
Also included are utility plug-ins Visual Mixer and Relay to help plug-ins talk to each other, plus Tonal Balance Control 2 to view your levels as you mix. All plug-ins included with Neutron 4 feature Apple M1 native silicon compatibility.
Neutron 4 features
- Mix in the moment: New powerful Assistant View, evolved from Neutron’s original Track Assistant.
- Match references in real-time: New Target Library to dynamically match a track’s tone to a sample or stem.
- Make space: The new Unmask Module in Neutron 4 discovers and fixes masking issues for you, enabling you to reach new levels of clarity.
- Distort responsibly. Or not: With a slice of Trash now in Neutron 4, distort and destroy sound with Trash Mode in the Exciter Module allowing you to discover new extremes.
- Punch it up: Make an impact using the new Punch Mode in the Compressor to control and visualize how hard your sounds hit.
- Tone and tame character changes in Neutron’s Exciter with the new Tone Slider, adjusting the emphasis to low or high-frequency content. Use the new Tame button to preserve dynamic expression as you destroy with distortion or dial up effects.
- Sidechain metering in the Compressor Module: See your sound, scope your sidechain. Visualize your dynamics with the new Oscilloscope View in Neutron’s Compressor.
Also released today, Music Production Suite 5 Universal Edition, which includes the new Neutron 4 mixing suite, plus immersive reverbs Stratus 3D and Symphony 3D by Exponential Audio and six new effects plugins from Brainworx.
Best of all, those who buy or upgrade to the Universal Edition will also receive two major flagship product updates in September at no additional cost. With 52 plug-ins included at launch, Music Production Suite 5 Universal Edition includes all of the tools you need from creative effects and sonic shaping, to assistive mixing, vocal production, intelligent mastering, repair, and balancing. AI-powered audio assistants fuel every stage of the workflow with personalized starting points so users can skip the setup and stay in their creative flow.
Neutron 4 and Music Production Suite 5 Universal Edition are available for purchase at introductory prices of $299 USD and $599 USD, respectively. Neutron 4 is also included in the Mix & Master Bundle. Existing iZotope customers may be eligible for additional loyalty discounts.
Neutron 4 is also available on Splice’s Rent-to-Own platform, priced $19.99 USD/month.