iZotope has released the latest update to the RX industry-standard tool for audio repair and enhancement, and incorporated it into version 6 of the RX Post Production Suite.
Built on decades of iZotope research, RX 9 tackles emerging audio capture and production issues to restore damaged, noisy audio to pristine condition. The update includes major improvements to some of the most popular RX modules used in audio post production. Designed specifically for the demanding needs of post production professionals, RX 9 Advanced allows for full control over your audio with even further updates.
The new version of Dialogue Isolate makes it easier than ever to extract clean dialogue from its environment, without artifacts, while the new Complex mode in Ambience Match seamlessly connects dialogue and ADR cuts with real background movement and textures—all with multichannel support up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.2.
In both the Standard and Advanced versions, the new Dynamic Mode in De-hum allows users to instantly remove any amount of hum and interference in one pass.
View up to 30 undo steps in the new expandable History list, use the new Restore feature to roll back an audio selection to any previous step in your History list, or clean up unwanted sounds directly in Logic using the new Spectral Editor, built on the ARA plug-in extension.
“For RX 9, we have revisited some of our most important processing tools and made them even better,” said iZotope Principal Product Manager, Mike Rozett. “We wanted to focus on the fact that dialogue is getting noisier and noisier: from location shoots to warehouse sets, to wireless interference on sound stages, to ADR that’s being recorded remotely in cars and closets and kitchens instead of in studios. The industry is facing more and more noise, with less time to fix it. We’re here to help.”
New in RX 9
- Enhanced separation with Dialogue Isolate [Advanced only]: Using iZotope machine learning, this new version of Dialogue Isolate makes it easier than ever to extract clean dialogue from its environment, without artifacts. Instantly separate speech from crowds, traffic, footsteps, weather, and more.
- Complex Ambience Match [Advanced Only]: Now you can seamlessly connect dialogue and ADR cuts with real background movement and textures with the new Complex mode in Ambience Match. Quickly match ambiences never before possible: ocean, wind, traffic, crowds, and more.
- Dynamic De-hum: Use the new Dynamic Mode in RX 9’s De-Hum to instantly remove any amount of hum, wireless ring, or interference, without artifacts or affecting the audio quality. In one pass, eliminate radio and transmitter interference, camera and generator hum, and more.
- Restore Selection: Roll back an audio selection to any previous step in your History list to get the best combination of audio processing from any point in time.
- Expandable History list: Now view up to 30 steps of undo history for quick reference.
- Spectral Editor: Clean up unwanted sounds directly in Logic® using the new Spectral Editor, built on the ARA plug-in extension. Select noise and remove it without having to toggle between Logic and RX.
iZotope has also released Post Production Suite 6. Featuring all of the tools you need to fix noisy production audio, bring a story to life, and send final deliverables at the right specifications. This flagship suite includes RX 9 Advanced, Dialogue Match, Insight 2 metering, Symphony 3D and Stratus 3D reverbs by Exponential Audio and more.
- RX 9 Standard: $299 USD ($399 USD regular).
- RX 9 Advanced: $799 USD ($1,199 USD regular).
- RX Post Production Suite 6: $999 USD ($1,999 USD regular).
Existing iZotope customers are eligible for additional loyalty discounts on RX 9 and RX Post Production Suite 6.