iZotope has released an updated version of Vinyl, a free vinyl simulation plugin that was the first product ever offered by the company two decades ago.
Released in 2001, Vinyl was the first of many iZotope products that have inspired creativity for hundreds of thousands of producers, engineers and post production professionals.
With a modernized UI to contain the classic, vintage tones of the original, the latest version of Vinyl brings instant audio transformation to creations with visual clarity and style.
With Vinyl, users can give their production a new, nostalgic character in seconds by applying old-school warmth, age-worn dust, or vintage turntable sounds to their music.
The latest version features a Lo-fi effect that allows creators to instantly apply the saturated, worn timbre of late-80’s hip-hop and reproduce the character of second-hand records.
“Everything old is new again in this latest update of Vinyl,” said iZotope Chief Executive Officer Mark Ethier.
“As we look back on 20 years of iZotope, Vinyl holds a special place in our hearts as the free plug-in that started it all. To all the Vinyl fans out there, past and present, we’re excited to bring Vinyl back into the future for you.”
- Lo-fi: Instant, old-school character inspired by 80’s resampling.
- Mechanical Noise: The amount of turntable motor rumble and noise.
- Electrical Noise: Internally generated electrical noise, such as 60 Hz grounding hum.
- Wear: Control how worn out the record is, from brand new to played a few thousand times.
- Dust: The amount of dust on the record.
- Scratch: The number and depth of scratches on the record.
- Warp: The amount of warping and the warp shape for the record, from no warp to the edges totally melted and warped.
- Record Player Year: The year of the record player, from current linear tracking turntables to 1930 phonographs.
- Stereo/Mono: Switch between stereo and mono output.
- Input and Output Gain: Set the gain in and out of the effect with visual level meter feedback.
Vinyl is a free download in VST/VST3, AU and AAX plugin formats for Windows and Mac (64-bit only).