Jiggery-Pokery has released Additions: retro additive synthesizers, an additive and FM synthesizer ReFill for Reason.
Additive synthesis: the unsung, unloved princess of synthesizer sound-making has been locked at the top of an overgrown tower for over a decade. Like a jester dressed as a Knight in slightly tarnished armour, JP rides to her rescue, kisses her back to life and lovingly crafts a massive set of sounds from two classic synthesizers, the FM/additive hybrid, the DK Synergy (1982), a long-time favourite of electronic artist Wendy Carlos, (patches from whom we are pleased to present here) and the true-additive beast that was the Kawai K5m (1987).
- DK Synergy: all three of the rare Wendy Carlos cartridges, plus the factory and FX sets, and cartridges #4 and #5, for a total of 165 tones, plus 35 multi-layered Combinators, all handcrafted into shape by JP, for Hollow Sun.
- Kawai K5m: 253 patches from the Kawai K5m—one of only a handful of true additive synthesizers ever produced—and several of its memory cards, lovingly sampled and edited by JP. Several patches feature velocity or release layers, plus 100 multi-layered, additive industrial soundscapes, including many recreations of Kawai presets.
- Most DKS and K5m patches feature up to four notes per octave to reduce note stretch artefacts, and samples up to 30 seconds long in some cases. Additions contains nearly 2.8GB of uncompressed samples..
- 68 “Virtual Synergy” Combinators, using Thors’ FM Pair oscillators and inspired by the DK Synergy.
- selig VocoSynth, combined with JPs virtual RMI Harmonic Synthesizer template.
- PDF user guide.
The Additions ReFill is available to purchase for £29.95 GBP.
More information: Jiggery-Pokery