K-Devices has announced the release of the AUv3/iOS version of its Shaper2 creative distortion plugin, which was recently released for Windows and macOS.
Shaper combines K-Devices’ classic waveshaper with an innovative multi-fx processor. It was specifically designed to allow the user to redefine or totally destroy any flavor of the sound source.
Version 2 comes with a new Smooth parameter for the Glitch Gate module, and a lo/hi pass filter. The user interface has been totally redesigned to fit the Phoenix Series of plugins by K-Devices.
Shaper 2 allows the user to add a personally destructive touch to sound work. Emphasize basslines by tweaking the waveshaper parameters Blend and Color, or increasing the Clip’s value, (this also works great on drums and acoustic percussive sounds). Blow digital coldness into your synths with the S&M and Bits&Samps functions, or increasing the Wrap and/or Fold values. Add unpredictable dynamic glitches thanks to the exclusive Glitch Gate section.
- Glitch Gate, now with a Smooth parameter.
- Waveshaper with 5 inspiring functions: Muffin, Multistress, Cracker, S&M, and Bits&Samps.
- Transform module with Clip, Wrap, Fold, and sFold functions.
- Resonator/Short Delay, that can act as a comb filter as well.
- Lopass/Hipass filter allowing the user to further fine-tune the processed sound.
- Drag and reorder modules as you prefer. Create and save different chains for different needs.
- Beyond a classic oscilloscope, two displays show the exact function you are using to process incoming sounds.
- Choose how to feed Shaper 2 and how to mix it using the Gain and Mix parameters.
Available for iOS 9.3 or higher, Shaper2 is on sale at the App Store for the introductory price of 3.49 EUR / 2.99 USD until August 1st, 2021 (regular 6.99 EUR / $5.99 USD).
More information: K-Devices