Korg has introduced the Kaossilator 2, a palm-size phrase synthesizer.
Boasting a supercharged sound generator, Kaossilator 2 delivers excellent synth and drum sounds spanning a wide range of genres, plus dramatically expanded loop recording.
Use the internal mic to record guitar, vocal, or other audio source – just as with a looper effect. The Organic Electroluminescent (OEL) display provides superb visibility. Add to that a touch slider for ease of use, microSD card data saving, plus a built-in speaker and battery power. All of these features reflect the enhancements incorporated into the sleek and exciting Kaossilator 2.
Kaossilator 2 features
- Simply tap or slide your finger across the X-Y touchpad.
- 150 built-in sounds cover every style of dance music.
- PCM sound engine serves up realistic drums.
- Scale Key and Note Range eliminates “wrong” notes.
- Built-in Gate Arpeggiator with adjustable gate time and swing settings.
- Loop Recording allows the creation of layered phrases with unlimited overdubs.
- Dual Loop Recording banks allow DJ-Style mutes and cross-fades.
- Record using the built-in mic; or use the mic input for recording of external input.
- microSD/SDHC card slot for saving loops and recorded performances.
The Kaossilator 2 will be available May 2012, priced $220 USD.