Korg has announced some new products for the upcoming Winter NAMM 2018.
First up is the Prologue a polyphonic analog synthesizer instrument. Korg’s new flagship synthesizer is fully-programmable and full-featured, equipped with a full-sized keyboard.
With powerful analog circuits that are descended directly from the earlier models of the series, together with a newly developed digital multi engine and gorgeous DSP-based effects, prologue expands the variety of sounds and the possibilities for user customization.
The lineup is comprised of two models that cover musicians’ needs for not only stage use, but also studio, home, or touring use: 16-voice 61-key prologue-16, and the eight-voice 49-key prologue-8. These instruments are capable of sounds that go beyond existing analog synthesizers.
- 16/8-voice analog synthesizer circuit.
- Newly developed multi-engine equipped with three types: noise, VPM, and user.
- High-quality digital effects./li>
- An open API (Application Programming Interface) for user-created oscillators and effects.
- Newly developed L.F. COMP. (Low Frequency Compressor) analog effect (prologue-16 only).
- Bi-timbre support.
- Voice modes that allow voices to be flexibly recombined.
- Arpeggiator equipped with a variety of types and range settings.
- Program Sort allows rapid access to 500 programs.
- Japanese-made high-quality natural touch keyboard.
- Oscilloscope function shows the waveform visually.
- Tough and stylish body made of aluminum and wood.
- Sync with another groove machine to enjoy jam sessions.
- Lineup includes a 16-voice 61-key model and an eight-voice 49-key model.
The 8-voice, 49-key model will cost $1,499 USD; the 16-voice, 61-key is $1,999 USD.
Korg latest volca series device aims to complete your volca setup.
The Volca Mix four-channel analog performance mixer lets you construct a live setup combining multiple volca units.
Volume faders are easy to control, plus crisp-sounding LO/HI CUT filters, and a master chain that radically transforms the sound. In addition to the sync function found on all volcas, there are also DC output connectors that can supply power for up to three volca units.
Numerous functions to facilitate your on-stage volca performances have been packed into a high-quality aluminum-paneled body, reminiscent of a high-end DJ mixer.
The volca mix will unlock the maximum potential of the volca series.
The Volca Mix will be available this month, priced at $169.99 USD.
ARP ODYSSEY FSQ
Korg has also introduced a limited-edition bundle that includes a full-size ARP ODYSSEY synthesizer and a KORG SQ-1 step sequencer.
The ARP ODYSSEY FS went on sale in 2017 as a reissue of the original ARP Odyssey. With perfectly replicated analog circuits and sound, and a full-size chassis to match the original, this is a limited-production product that is being reproduced and assembled using parts that are now dead stock. Rev1, Rev2, and Rev3 are each assembled in Japan, and are now available in small quantities as limited-edition models.
Just for this occasion, the KORG SQ-1 step sequencer is also specially included in the package. A limited-edition ARP color version with orange silk-screening on a black panel has been added. Two mini-patch cables are also included so that you can start sequencing your ARP ODYSSEY FS right out of the box. By connecting via CV/GATE, synthesizer fans who prefer analog sequencing can enjoy the infinite possibilities of ARP’s legendary synthesis on a full-size unit.
ARP ODYSSEY FSQ features
- Full-sized ARP ODYSSEY equipped with a full-size, 37 note keyboard.
- Reproduction model assembled in Japan from an extremely limited number of stock components.
- Available in all three generation color variants: Rev1, Rev2, and Rev3.
- All three generation color variants contain all three original analog filter circuit revisions
- Packaged together with a limited-edition ARP color version of the KORG SQ-1 step sequencer.
The ARP ODYSSEY FSQ bundle costs $1,599 USD.
The new KR-55 Pro is a multi-function rhythm machine that offers numerous rhythm patterns built into a practical interface, equipped with mixer/recorder functionality.
Experience the same musical support as if a pro drummer were sitting in on your session. The KR-55 Pro gives you an easy way to enjoy jam sessions with the backing of real drum/percussion sounds.
It provides a rich variety of input jacks, mixer functionality, effects, and equalizer, as well as a versatile recorder that can record to an SD card. The intuitive interface means that there’s no need for complex programming.
Battery-powered operation allows complete mobility from desktop to street performances, or use in a variety of situations including live events in small spaces.
KR-55 Pro features
- 24 built-in drum/percussion styles that were recorded live using KORG’s proprietary “Real Groove Technology.”
- Each rhythm style includes a rich variety of patterns: two variations, basic, fill-in 1, fill-in 2, and ending.
- Use the chain function to create a rhythm structure for an entire song, and play it automatically.
- A rich array of input jacks includes one XLR mic input, two guitar/bass inputs, and a stereo AUX input, allowing multi-channel mixing.
- A high-quality reverb effect and equalizer are provided, giving you the freedom to shape your sound.
- You can perform along with a rhythm style, and record the combined result as an audio file on an SD card.
- Multi-track recording is supported, allowing you to produce more sophisticated tracks.
- The tuner function features a large meter for good visibility. You can also tune while hearing a guide tone.
- Acoustage technology delivers a spacious sound.
- The unit can be powered on six AA batteries, allowing up to seven hours of use.
- A separately sold foot switch lets you control the unit with your foot.
The KR-55 Pro will be available in March 2018, priced at $299 USD.
Other new products introduced include the D1 digital piano, Konnect portable stereo PA system, KDM-3 digital metronome, AW-OTG-POLY/AW-OTB-POLY polyphonic clip-on tuner, AW-OTG/AW-OTB clip-on tuner, CA-50 chromatic tuner, GA-50 guitar/bass tuner, and KORG Gadget music production studio for Nintendo Switch.
More information: Korg