Xavier Kalensky writes:
It is unusual for me to work on VA. But when Burnie asked us Nova and me to do a VCS3 plugin I was interested. This old EMS synthesizer is great with its modern matrix concept, its joystick and its possibility to do feedback patches. Nova collected some docs and Scot Solida sent to Nova his recordings. I used them to research the way to do a close oscillator simulation. I did a new filter based on the KX filter code. Nova built a modern skin. We did not built another SE clone of this synthesizer but added some great features on the original concept.
- Common with VCS3:
- Three variable shape oscillators.
- Noise generator.
- Ring modulation.
- Two external inputs.
- LP filter, 18 db per octave with self oscillating.
- Same structure of the matrix (16*16)
- XY joystick
- Additional features:
- Modern skin with notepad and variable color background.
- Keyboard controls to the oscillators and filter, -10 volts to 10 volts, useful for keyboard scaling.
- You can adjust the response curve of the oscillators.
- 256 mini knobs to adjust the plot modulation, 0 to 1.
- The original ASR (trapezoid) is extended to 2 ADSR with Host synchronization.
- Delay fx with Host synchronization.
- Midi controllers.
KX-Synth-X16 is available as a freeware VST instrument for Windows PC.
Visit KX77FREE for more information.