Lively Audio has released version 3.0 of Maxwell Smart, a transparent true peak limiter/loudness maximizer with look-ahead.
It’s designed to boost the overall loudness while maintaining transients without audible distortion. Maxwell Smart also has 4x ISP (inter-sample peak) detection to tame the ‘invisible’ peaks between regular sample peaks.
Maxwell Smart 3.0 features
- Transparent true peak limiter / loudness maximizer with look-ahead.
- Simple but effective controls to fluently adjust the sound.
- 4x Inter-Sample Peak (ISP) detection, with the same efficiency as 4x linear phase oversampling, but without any of the common downsides, such as additional sound artifacts or heavy CPU-load.
- Compliant with the latest international recommendations for true peak detection, such as those described in ITU-R BS.1770-4.
- 5ms latency (compensated).
- Support for all sample rates between 8kHz – 384kHz.
Maxwell Smart is a free download for Windows (32-bit VST).
More information: Lively Audio