Loomer has announced an update to the String virtual polyphonic string synthesizer for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Featuring flexible routing and split layers, String delivers an authentic ensemble synth sound. It comes with a separate FX plugin for using the effects section with your other synths.
String’s authentic tone comes from its accurate emulation of the divide-down oscillator technology behind the lush ensemble synths of the 70s.
Changes in String v1.15.1
- VST3 (64-bit) versions for macOS and Windows.
- New beautiful flat modern UI.
- Light and dark themes.
- Legato mode on the global modulation envelope.
- Per-effect power buttons.
- Keyboard shortcuts are listed and can be redefined.
- Can specify various graphics rendering engines for improved graphics performance.
- Can specify default author for newly created presets.
- MIDI learn can now map parameters in omni or per-channel modes.
- Show recent files in the preset browser.
- Presets can be shown in a grid or list format.
- Additional presets.
- Vastly improved the speed and responsiveness of the preset browser.
- Can better handle hosts that misreport their buffer sizes.
- Various minor performance improvements.
- Various host compatibility fixes.
Available in VST/VST3, AU and AAX plugin formats, String costs £50 + VAT where applicable. The update is free to String users.
More information: Loomer