Louder Than Liftoff has announced Mister Focus, a collection of affordable 500 series processors that can be customized using modular analog plugins (Colour modules) to create console-like channels aimed at no-fuss analog results during tracking and mixing.
It is available as a console channel (STAGE II), compressor (COMP), equalizer (EQ), and an a la carte version that can be user-configured (RGB) to create your dream channel for your unique needs.
- STAGE II – A colorful console channel to pair with your existing mic preamps to add organic analog mojo. Available in three different tonal flavors: British (powered by Royal Blue module), American (powered by Mass Drivr module), and Tube (powered by Pentode) amplifier stages. Our single-knob FOCUS EQ can be placed before or after this stage for effortless tone shaping pre or post saturation. The signal lastly passes through a versatile FILTER and multi-stage saturation section, powered by the Super Filter module, which can be toggled on or off.
- COMP – A two-knob compressor with character. The compression is classic 1176 FET limiting powered by our Implode module. Our single-knob FOCUS EQ can be placed before or after this stage for effortless tone shaping pre or post compression. The signal lastly passes through the MEGA stage powered by the Mass Drivr module. This features a discrete 2520 style op amp driving a beefy sounding output transformer, which can be toggled on or off.
- EQ – An EQ you won’t overthink. Available in two different functional variants: passive Pultec-style high shelf boost (powered by Rogue-Tec Air), or FET saturating EQ (powered by FET Filter). Our single-knob FOCUS EQ can be placed before or after this stage for effortless tone shaping pre or post saturation. The final signal passes through the SHEEN stage powered by the Royal Blue module. This features classic British transistor amplifiers driving a rich sounding output transformer. An optional treble presence boost can be enabled via jumper, and the entire SHEEN stage can be toggled on or off.
- RGB – a customizable platform for building your dream channel using analog plugins (Colour modules). The first slot has separate controls for Colour drive and wet/dry mix. Configure vintage-flavored line amps, compressors, EQs, or saturators. At the end of the signal chain a second analog plugin slot, TWO-TONE, allows you to add another shade of coloration for a layered analog patina. Add filters, HF boosts, or transformer-coupled output stages, all at the press of a button.
The Mister Focus series is available now, priced at:
– RGB: $279 USD
– STAGE II: starting at $419 USD
– COMP: $479 USD
– EQ: starting at $439 USD
More information: Louder Than Liftoff