Plugin Boutique has introduced MAAT 2BC multiCORR, a multiband correlation meter with essential metering and monitoring functions.
2BC multiCORR employs a trueLinear scale, a linear scale which better matches your perception.
Why the heck do you need a multiband correlation meter? It’s simply that a regular stereo correlation meter doesn´t always show you trouble spots. If your fat kick and bass is mono, it’s mostly correlated so a stereo correlation meter would show that everything is O.K. while your strings, hi-hat, or vocals are cancelling out! 2BC multiCORR combines the useful and beloved functions of our free 2BusControl monitor controller plugin with a carefully designed, third octave multiband correlation meter. Our multiband approach warns you not to overdo stereo spread with your fancy spreading tool, or when your stereo mics are delivering a signal with too much out–of–phase content. Either way, you’d get cancellation when your mix is summed to mono.
Correlation measures the degree of relatedness between left and right channel. If they’re alike, that’s mono, and they will have perfect correlation. Stereo noise is decorrelated, with no similarity between channels. Stereo music should be more like the former, with a bit of “stereoness” to create a soundstage, whereas convincing, diffuse reverb should have lower inter-channel correlation. When content is present in one channel, and an inverted phase version is in the other channel, that sums to zero in mono and the audio disappears.
2BC multiCORR features
- 31 bands of correlation with carefully chosen centre frequencies.
- Exclusive trueLinear scale for higher precision with visuals that match your perception.
- Stereo Balance and Correlation.
- Five essential monitor controls: Left–Only, Right–Only, Mono (L+R), Diff (L-R) and Flip.
- Collapsable UI lets you see only what you need.
- Includes a native version that runs in standalone mode, great for dedicated metering.
- Plug–in runs on all major DAWs: AAX, AU, VST 2 & VST 3.
2BC multiCORR is on sale for the intro price of £13.99 GBP / $19 USD until June 3rd, 2019 (regular $49 USD).
More information: MAAT