Magix has released an update of Vegas Pro 15, the video professional video and audio production software for Windows.
Build 361 offers support for AMD GPU acceleration plus a long list of performance and stability improvements.
VEGAS Pro has always been an innovator. Version 15 carries on this legacy and delivers a completely customizable interface that provides ultimate flexibility. Filled with new features, both inside and out, VEGAS Pro powers your creativity. Whether you work in HD or 4K, VEGAS Pro stands ready to be your creative partner. Video/Audio production and DVD/Blu-ray disc authoring all in one powerful package.
Changes in Vegas Pro 15 build 361
- Added support for AMD VCE hardware acceleration for encoding 8-bit, progressive HEVC files and H264 AVC/AAC files.
- The So4Coumpoundplug now supports reading Timecode from MP4/MOV files formats such as GoPro, XAVC-S, and Alpaha 7s cameras.
- Added an option to disable hardware acceleration when creating custom presets in Intel HEVC Render plugin.
- Added a preference that enables you to bypass QSV hardware acceleration and operate without this technology.
- Added a link in the Help menu to the VEGAS Community home page where users can quickly access the VEGAS user forums, tutorial videos, and the VEGAS Magazine.
- Selectively Paste Attributes can now copy event switches independently of audio FX.
- Improved workflow and performance of the Swap Video Files function including that the folder dialog now remembers the last used diretory.
- OK button in the Video Swap is now properly positioned regardless of any resizing of the dialog box.
- Improved the efficiency of undo history when making changes to parameters of an OFX plug-in.
- H.263 files are now properly supported on the timeline.
- Problems reading ProRes files on the timeline have been resolved.
- Docking window tab order no longer gets mixed up.
- Pressing Enter in the Render dialog box now properly executes a render instead of opening render options.
- Rending an image sequence to BMP and JPEG formats in 32-bit mode now yields the correct output.
- Color levels are properly preserved when rendering a 32-bit project to XDCAM-EX format.
- Resolved a conflict between QSV and 10-bit HEVC file renders on i7-770/i7-8700 systems.
- Tabbing behavior has been improved in the Render As dialog box so that the results of tabbing from one control to the next is more logical.
- The Swap Media dialog box no longer places the OK button in an unexpected state upon window resize.
- 32-bit, 4K projects now calculate project size correctly and no longer exhibit random failures or unexpected behavior.
- The Explorer window now properly preserves the file list arrangement in Details mode.
- Tabbing behavior in the Render As dialog box has been greatly improved.
- Event header buttons no longer get clipped by the vertical scrollbar.
- A problem that could cause audio FX to have a cumulative effect when they should not has been resolved.
- Customization of favorite render templates is now properly recognized.
- Memory management has been improved to enhance render performance for GPUs with less than 4GB memory on 4K 32-bit projects.
- The application now properly handles codec activation requests when the PC is off line.
- Audio FX no longer have a cumulative effect when looping playback of a 32-bit WAV file.
- Right-clicking to open the context menu with several events selected, some of which are empty, no longer causes a crash.
- The LUT OFX plug-in now properly handles alpha values.
- MAGIX AVC/AAC plugin now shows the full set of encoding modes when the QSV global preference is disabled.
- The File Name field in the Render As dialog box no longer locks users out after rendering to a P2 file.
- Region metadata from the Sony A7 camera is now properly supported.
- Paste Event Attributes from an event holding footage of one frame size to an even holding footage of a different frame size now handles event Pan/Crop values properly.
- Opening the event context menu or the Edit menu when a video track has three or more empty events on it no longer causes a crash.
Vegas Pro 15 is on sale for $449 USD (regular $599 USD). Vegas Pro 365 (12-month plan) is also available for $16.67 USD/month.
More information: Magix