Matt Tytel has released a beta version of Helm, a free cross-platform synthesizer instrument.
Helm is a free, cross-platform, polyphonic synthesizer that runs on GNU/Linux, Mac, and Windows as a standalone program and as a LV2/VST/AU/AAX plugin.
- 32 voice polyphony.
- Interactive visual interface.
- Powerful modulation system with live visual feedback.
- Dual oscillators with cross modulation and up to 15 oscillators each.
- Unison and Harmony mode for oscillators.
- Oscillator feedback and saturation for waveshaping.
- 12 different waveforms.
- 7 filter types with keytracking.
- 2 monophonic and 1 polyphonic LFO.
- Step sequencer.
- Lots of modulation sources including polyphonic aftertouch.
- Simple arpeggiator.
- Effects: Formant filter, stutter, delay.
Helm is a free download for Windows, Mac, and Linux. A debian package download, and source code for mac/pc is also available from Github.