Cherry Audio has announced the release of its latest virtual instrument Memorymode, a synthesizer based upon the legendary Memorymoog, one of the very best-sounding polyphonic programmable analog synths of the ’80s.
Released in 1982, the Memorymoog raised the sonic bar with its lush, powerful analog sound. Memorymode was expertly modeled upon a vintage Memorymoog originally owned by jazz legend Chick Corea. It expands upon the original without compromising any of the sound or functionality that made it great, and does away with the reliability, maintenance, and tuning issues of the original. The user interface has been streamlined and simplified, updating the original instrument’s numeric-keypad-and-command-numbers with fast, simple-to-use pop-up menus and an improved value display window.
Memorymode replicates the incredible sound and feel of the original instrument at a tiny fraction of the cost of a vintage original, delivering all the power and musicality of the Memorymoog at a price anyone can afford.
- Precisely recreated ladder filter with selectable 12- and 24-dB/octave slopes.
- Authentically modeled three oscillator voice architecture.
- Up to 16-voice polyphony.
- Over 600 presets, programmed by industry veterans.
- Expanded Voice Modulation section with up to six simultaneous destinations.
- Improved arpeggio section w/tempo sync.
- Drift control for increased analog realism.
- Tempo-syncable LFO.
- Detunable unison mode with up to 48 oscillators per key.
- Improved single-key chord memory mode.
- Modern button for beefy lows and crystalline highs.
- Highly optimized coding for high performance with ultra-low CPU load.
- Advanced one-click UI magnification.
- Comprehensive MPE support.
- Studio-quality phaser, ensemble, delay with tempo sync, and reverb effects.
- Full MIDI control and DAW automation for all controls.