In October, Moog Music announced the return of its storied and sought-after Moogerfooger pedals—reimagined to make the sound and workflow of these beloved effects more affordable and accessible than ever.
The Moogerfooger Effects Plug-ins are a re-invention of all seven analog effects pedals (plus a brand new saturation tool), now available as dynamic, professional music production software, compatible with all major DAWs across Windows and macOS in AUv2, VST3, or AAX formats.
Since their release, the top request we’ve received from creatives has been the ability to buy these effects individually. Today, all eight plug-ins are now available for individual purchase and as customizable build-your-own sets, allowing you to build your dream effects chain.
From single plugins to the complete bundle, prices range from $59 USD to $279 USD. Each member of the Moogerfooger Effects Plug-ins family has been designed to embody not only the warm and vibrant sound of Moog’s original analog effects pedals, but also the organic way in which the parameters interact to create a musical playing experience. With CV interconnectivity, stereo functionality, an extended feature set, the ability to run multiple instances, and presets, these effects tailor the classic Moogerfooger functionality to the modern digital creator.
- The MF-101S Lowpass Filter honors Bob Moog’s design of the classic Moog ladder filter. This effect pairs the filter with an envelope follower to impart dynamic motion to the filtered sound.
- The spaced-out, retro-futuristic sound of the MF-102S Ring Modulator features a wide-range carrier oscillator paired with an LFO for effects from soft tremolo to far-out clangorous ring modulation tones.
- A descendant of the vibrant 1970s rack-mounted Moog phaser with an on-board LFO, the MF-103S 12-Stage Phaser gives users access to the pedal’s distinct psychedelic enveloping sound.
- Rich and full-bodied, the MF-104S Analog Delay captures the warm, organic texture and character of Moog’s sought-after analog delay circuitry, while adding modern flexibility and ease of use.
- The MF-105S MuRF (Multiple Resonant Filter Array) combines a resonant filter bank with a pattern generator and skewing envelope for vibrant animation of an incoming sound .
- Unconventional, eccentric, freaky: the MF-107S FreqBox lives up to its name with gnarly synced VCO sounds plus envelope and FM modulation.
- For flexible processing, the MF-108S Cluster Flux can do it all. Modulate between chorus, flanging, and vibrato to achieve sounds ranging from subtle swirling to intense flanging.
- The new software-only MF-109S Saturator is a powerful saturation tool based on the classic Moogerfooger input drive stage that adds warmth, distortion, and compression to any sound.
The plugins are available to purchase from distributor Plugin Boutique and at the Moog Music store. You can also “build your own bundle” of Moogerfooger plugins at discounts of up to 81% off.