Audio Damage has announced the release of Continua, a three-oscillator, dual-filter virtual analog polysynth.
Continua is a modulation playground, with fully polyphonic LFOs and envelopes and full MPE implementation. Every knob on the UI is a mod target, and the oscillators and filters are morphing, resulting in an incredibly expressive, evolving synth unlike any you’ve seen before!
With hundreds of presets from GlitchMachines, SonalSystem, Red Sky Lullaby, and Red Means Recording, Continua is ready to use out of the box, and waiting for your own explorations.
- Three flexible oscillators off continuously variable morphing waveform, with warp, shape, and skew controls.
- Dual morphing filters can be used in serial or parallel modes, and morph from lowpass through bandpass and highpass to notch in 2-pole and 4-pole configurations.
- Noise source features a “color” control that affects tonal characteristics of the noise.
- Two ADSR-style envelope generators, with curve on attack, decay, and release.
- Two FEGs (Flexible Envelope Generator) arbitrary function generators, with up to 99 steps, curve and step level control, arbitrary loop points, and host tempo sync.
- Four FLFOs (Flexible Low-Frequency Oscillator) utilize four controls (phase, shape, skew, and warp) to access a virtually limitless palette of waveforms, and feature host tempo sync and retrigger.
- S&H mod source can sample noise (random) or any of the other mod sources, at either a user-defined rate or a musical division, and includes built-in smoothing and distance limit (for a “walk” effect).
- Every knob in Continua is a mod destination, with a very fast and simple assignment matrix access with a right-click on the knob.
- Re-tune Continua to new intonations and temperaments using the open-source and easy-to-use TUN file format. A global tuning offset (default to A=440) allows you to easily retune the entire synth to match a different A frequency without using a tuning table.
- Continua understands both “legacy” MIDI and MPE. Use your Linnstrument, Roli Seaboard, Haken Continuum, Madrona Labs Soundplane, or Sensel Morph (among others) to directly access per-note pressure, pitch bend, and modulation.
- Per-instance customization method: set MPE mode, aftertouch smoothing, pitch bend range override, tuning table, and global tuning offset for each instance in your DAW, with an option to save any state as your global starting point.
- Factory presets including designer presets from Red Means Recording, Glitch Machines, and Sonalsystem.
- XML-based preset manager. Work between multiple systems without troubles.
- Fully resizable vector-based Hi-Dpi/Retina GUI.
Continua is available in VST/VST3, AU and AAX plugin formats for Windows and macOS.
The synth is on sale for the intro price of $79 USD until February 5th, 2020 from the Audio Damage online shop and distributor Plugin Boutique (regular $99 USD). AUv3 and Standalone/IAA formats are following soon.