MusicDevelopments has announced version 3.6 of RapidComposer, the music prototyping and automated composition software.
The update features a new Piano Chord Pattern Generator, Strum Pattern Generator, and a chord voicing editor for the master track which makes editing/splitting/gluing/previewing chords extremely easy. Many other improvements are also included.
Changes in RapidComposer v3.6
- New phrase generator: Piano Chord Pattern Generator.
- New phrase generator: Strum Pattern Generator (and editor).
- Chord Voicing Editor below the master track: editing/splitting/gluing/previewing chords has never been easier.
- New rhythm processing options: Rotate, Humanize, Accents, Dotted Notes.
- Phrases may have their own assigned chord and scale.
- Slash/bass notes are displayed in the Quick Suggestion pop-up and Chord Palette.
- Scales displayed that include all chord notes in the ‘Enter Chord From MIDI Keyboard’ window.
- ‘Collect Scales For Selected Chords’ added in master track inspector.
- UI cleanup in Schillinger’s Interference, triplet durations added.
- Reworked phrase inspector UI (tabs added, rhythm processing options are collapsable).
- ‘Recents’ and ‘Templates’ menus were reworked.
- MIDI Import page can be reset, new vector graphics buttons added.
- New option for Chord Generator to include the bass note in different octaves.
- New setting: ‘Show ‘History’ For Phrases’ (disabled by default).
- New setting: ‘Maximum Chord Font Size On Master Track’.
- New setting: ‘Update Chord Slash Note When Voicing Is Set’ (enabled by default).
- New setting: ‘Enable ‘lock to scale’ for all added phrases’.
- New setting: ‘Number Of Past States Stored’ in undo history.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
RapidComposer is available at a 33% discount until December 31st during MusicDevelopments’ annual Holiday Sale.
More information: MusicDevelopments