MusicDevelopments has released an update to its music prototyping software RapidComposer. Version 4.6.3 includes many improvements such as automatic quantization of MIDI CC’s and improved visualization for chord notes.
RapidComposer is a unique, non-destructive, phrase-based music prototyping software designed for composers, songwriters and musicians of all musical styles. Available for Windows and macOS (standalone, VST, VST3, AU, AU MFX).
Changes in RapidComposer v4.6.3
- MIDI files can be dropped on the chords track in the Melody Editor.
- Quantize variation offers applying the quantize to MIDI CC’s.
- When displaying rendered notes, colors can be assigned to different chord notes by their distance from root (which can be set up under Settings / User Interface).
- New view option for tracks: “Show rendered note labels”
- New setting: Display chord notes in note labels as…
- New setting: Display MIDI note in note labels.
- New setting: Display octave offset in note labels.
- [Plug-ins] New experimental feature: “Sync to DAW” in the Phrase Editor.
- Fixed crash when adding the same CC again to a phrase (it should remove the CC instead).
RapidComposer is available at a 40% discount, priced $119 USD during the Anniversary Sale until April 20th, 2023. RapidComposer full edition orders will also receive free Melodya and MIDI Mutator licenses during the sale.
More information: MusicDevelopments