Native Instruments has released the latest version of its do-it-all instrument platform. Kontakt 7 features a new resizable browser, an overhauled Factory Library, newly added effects, and under-the-hood audio improvements.
KONTAKT is everything from instant inspiration for music makers to the industry’s leading instrument-building tool. More than a sampler, this shapeshifting platform has powered two decades of blockbuster film scores and chart-topping hits, plus thousands of incredible instruments.
Kontakt 7 features
- New Factory Library: The revamped Factory Library comes with new sounds, effects, added functionality, plus a HiDPI interface.
- 7 Collections of brand-new instruments in the Factory Library: Anything from orchestral, acoustic, band, beats, choir, synth to vintage.
- Enhanced browsing experience: You can now search, filter, and audition sounds as well as viewing preset properties and editing tags.
- Improved engine: Updated time stretching algorithm and 2 new effects from Guitar Rig 6.
- Simpler instrument creation process: Instrument developers now have access to Creator Tools, a standalone application suite consisting of a Debugger, an Instrument Editor, and a GUI Designer.
Kontakt 7 for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for 299 USD/EUR.
Owners of a previous version of Kontakt can upgrade for 99 USD/EUR, while registered users of qualifying Kontakt Player products can crossgrade for 199 USD/EUR.
More information: Native Instruments