Native Instruments has released Polar Flare, a new Expansion that focuses on organic, glacial electronica.
Inspired by the natural world, POLAR FLARE captures an otherworldly sound heard in a broad range of artists from Boards of Canada, to Caribou, Bonobo, Four Tet, and beyond. With metallic clangs, forest crackles, atmospheric synths, dreamy vocals, and more, POLAR FLARE is palette of sounds suitable for a broad range of musical styles.
Sitting across the Baltic Sea is the remote island of Bornholm, Denmark. From here, field recordings were taken of surrounding life, including forests and harbors, and compiled into kits for BATTERY and MASCHINE. From the nearby studio in an old church, classic analog synths, Rhodes keys, and vocals were recorded and come as ready-to-use samples for any sampler or DAW. Also included are new MASSIVE and MONARK presets – focusing on organic sounding bells, basses, and pads.
POLAR FLARE was created by the Danish studio Six Bit Deep in collaboration with top Scandinavian vocalists including Josephine Philip (Trentemøller, Darkness Falls) and Connor Fitzpatrick.
Polar Flare features
- Captures an otherworldly take on contemporary electronic music.
- Includes complete, sample-ready vocal tracks from exceptional vocalists.
- 214 Construction Loops.
- 47 Battery kits and 40 Maschine kits packed with found sounds and analog drum machines.
- 30 Massive presets and 20 Monark presets.
- Maschine exclusive: 8 Projects, 150+ Patterns, 113 Drum Synth Presets, 4 Bass Synth Presets, 13 Sample Instruments.
- Drum Samples: 77 Kicks, 70 Snares, 40 Claps, 28 Cymbals, 67 Hi Hats, 192 Percussion, 19 Shakers, 28 Toms.
Polar Flare is available now for $49 USD/49 EUR/£44 GBP. A compact version is available as an iMaschine 2 Expansion, priced at $0.99 USD/0.99 EUR/£0.79 GBP.
The samples, loops, and one-shots from Polar Flare are also available on Sounds.com, which is currently open to US customers while in beta.
More information: Native Instruments