Native Instruments has released version 6.3 of Reaktor, introducing a new Rack file format which supports front panel Blocks patching.
This update provides a fully overhauled user experience for the Blocks framework.
Most remarkable new features: new file format, called “Rack” file, allows to save patches with your DAW session, patching Blocks is now possible on panel and a search box makes browsing for Blocks more intuitive. The Blocks framework now also runs in free Reaktor Player, and is open for 3rd party products.
Changes in Reaktor v6.3
- Added: New file format, called “Rack”. The new file format is specifically suited to the Blocks framework, and allows to save patches, including the wiring, in a very small file size to enable saving patches with the host chunk.
- Added: Patching on panel for Reaktor Full and Reaktor Player users in Rack mode.
- Added: Quick Search on Panel for convenient browsing in Rack mode.
- Added: “Visible on/off” property for terminal ports. The ports can now also have a user-defined image.
- Added: Visual representations of the audio in and out terminals on panel, supporting up to 40 ports.
- Changed: Text module “view” properties default state.
- Added: Min width and height properties for instruments and macros.
- Added: New font “Roboto Condensed Light” for the text module.
- Added: Global switch from A to B view for all instruments at once in Ensemble mode.
- Improved: Design of the interface in Rack mode. Four new buttons in the header now allow for switching between view states “Compact”, “Ports only” and “Ports and Wires”. Additional toggle switch for “Show Structure”.
- Changed: Design of the structure view in Rack mode. Removed: breadcrumb navigation and Bookmarks bar. Changed: color theme and design of structure view.
- Removed: Unnecessary properties in Rack Mode. Properties are now reduced to Midi in and out Settings on the connect tab and the bankchain settings on the function tab.
- Added: Coloured wires – eight different colours are available to distinct wires in a patch.
- Fixed: Automation ID issue: when deleting a Block the Automation IDs don’t get auto compressed, but keep their original ID.
- Added: Consistency for file and project name in Rack mode.
- Changed: Behaviour in case of loading a project with non applicable host chunk. If the Rack file is not loadable due to missing instruments referenced in the file, the host chunk will be preserved to be applicable after fixing installation.
- Removed: The option to “minimize” instruments and to switch A/B view via the header in Rack mode.
- Improved: “Extended view” in Maschine & Komplete Kontrol enables panel patching.
- Changed: The sample map editor in Rack mode. The sample editor is showing only relevant options / functions, as the sample map editor in Reaktor Player.
- Removed: Context menus for panel and structure view in Rack mode.
- Changed: Handling of missing instruments. As the Rack format is relying on referenced files, a new error message guides users how to fix issues via Native Access, or the installation of 3rd party content.
- Added: “Welcome Screen” on start up.
- Added: “Load new Rack” entry to the Preference “On startup”.
- Added: Dedicated NEW.nksr Rack file to the Library folder of the application.
- Fixed: Accessibility of presets via the toolbar. This issue occurred specifically with REAKTOR instruments like FORM.
- Fixed: Crashes on Core Structure Navigation.
- Added: Context Menu for Device Types “Instrument / FX” to the Rack File Drop Down Menu in Header.
The update is now available to Reaktor 6 users from Native Access.
More information: Native Instruments