Native Instruments has released an update of its Maschine 2 software, offering various improvements and fixes.
MASCHINE lets you effortlessly produce beats, melodies, and harmonies with powerful drum synths, premium sounds, an integrated sampler, and more – cutting-edge software meets intuitive hardware for ultra-smooth workflow.
Changes in Maschine v2.6.6
- Drag-to-Reorder/Duplicate Scenes in Ideas View: You can drag Scenes left or right to re-order them at the top of the Ideas View. This is purely a visual feature which does not affect the current Arrangement. You can also hold ALT (or CTRL on PC) to perform a drag-and-duplicate to quickly make new instances of Scenes before experimenting with new Pattern combinations.
- Drag-to-Reorder/Duplicate Groups in Ideas View: As in the Arranger view, it’s now possible to drag the Groups left and right in the Ideas view to re-order them. Furthermore, by holding ALT (or CTRL on PC), you can drag-and-duplicate Groups to quickly make additional layers or secondary Groups for sound experimentation.
- Drag-and-drop content onto Groups in Ideas View: As in the Arranger view, it’s now possible to load new content from the Browser onto Groups in the Ideas View. Simply drag the content onto the Group name at the bottom of the Ideas View.
- Set Macro in Software: Simply right-click on the name of a control (the text below the knob, switch, or menu) and choose ‘Create Master/Group/Sound Macro’ to add a Macro control to the Master, Group, or Sound level, or choose ‘Remove Master/Group/Sound Macro’ to remove the control from the current Macro list.
- ‘Manage Products…’ option in the File menu: Use this to launch Native Access in order to install a new Kontakt NKS library or instrument. After authorization and installation, the new product will be available for use in Maschine’s Browser.
- Fixed: Pressing up on keyboard while focused on an empty cell in the top row of the Ideas view would create a Pattern.
- Fixed: When pinning the DUPLICATE or AUTO page on JAM, this would also cause the view to toggle between Ideas and Arranger.
- Fixed: SHIFT+SCENE did not toggle Ideas/Arranger views when the Duplicate page was pinned on.
- Fixed: Dragging MIDI export from the Pattern Editor into a new Pattern.
- Fixed: Playhead would not always wrap to beginning of Scene until host playback was started.
- Fixed: Scale Type was not retained when dragging an Instrument/Sound/Sample to the ‘+’ in the Arranger View.
- Fixed: Events erased via ERASE+GROUP were still being played back.
- Fixed: The wrong sample would sometimes be loaded when dragging in new samples from the Files tab of the Browser.
The update is available from the Native Access app.