New Sonic Arts has released version 1.6 of Nuance, a sampler instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac.
With Nuance 1.6, Nuance now features Vice Import, so you can tweak your Vice loops in Nuance for more detailed control, layering and remapping.
The update also adds several heavily requested features, including Choke Groups for increased playability and expressiveness, Resizeable UI to suit all desktops, and a Browser Cycle Mode for quick hot-swapping of samples via the browser.
Altogether the update delivers over 20 improvements, including both usability and sound / engine enhancements.
Changes in Nuance v1.6002
- Vice Import (.vi files).
- Choke Groups.
- Resizable UI option in Setup.
- Browser enhancements, including Cycle mode for hot-swapping of samples and presets.
- New History View for easy navigation of Undo/Redo history.
- Added LFO beat sync mode, for song-position locked phase.
- Added 2nd Random modulator.
- Notes can be triggered via the UI keyboard in Sample Mapping View.
- Reassign Zones to Groups via Sample Map Context Menu.
- Select from overlapping Zones via Sample Map Context Menu.
- Drum Pad context menu to set Output for all layers.
- Zoom via mouse-wheel on Waveform and Sample Map.
- Improved keyboard and mouse-wheel support in hosts.
- New HTML documentation can be launched from inside Nuance.
- Save with Samples fixes.
- Fixed UI resizing in Cubase and Reaper.
- Various other minor enhancements and fixes.
Nuance for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for 79 EUR. To celebrate the release of Nuance 1.6, Essential Drums Vol 1 is free with every Nuance purchase until May 31st, 2015.