Ocean Way Audio (OWA) has unveiled the new HiRes3.5 Studio Reference Monitor, also known as HR3.5, at the 141st AES Convention, in Los Angeles, CA.
HR3.5 is based on the highly acclaimed HR4 studio monitor first shown at the 139th AES Convention in 2015 and released March of 2016. With dozens of HR4 speaker systems in use today, Ocean Way Audio has now created the HR3.5, a larger free-standing or soffit-mounted version. This monitor system delivers a frequency response of 20 Hz to 22 kHz with an SPL rating of 120db.
The HR3.5 Reference Monitor incorporates an integrated two-way dual-horn system with a one-inch HF and eight-inch MF drivers, mechanically time-aligned with twin 12” sub-bass drivers per channel. Three built-in state-of-the-art amplifiers power this speaker, featuring analog and digital inputs, 96 kHz and 24 bit sampling and tri-amped 3,400 watts per channel of pure power.
At the heart of the acoustic design is OWA’s geometrically complex, stone-cast dual/hybrid waveguide system. The system delivers accurately matched and detailed imaging with OWA’s signature, unusually wide 100×40 degree horizontal and vertical dispersion, yielding a massive sweet-spot across a broad area of the listening environment. The consistency of its stereo image, even at the far corners of the room, is due to the highly consistent directivity response of this unique speaker system.
Dimensions are: 43”H x 17.5″W x 25.5” D. Remote rack-mounted amplification is available for soffit-mounted installations.
- HiRes3.5 – Tri-amped proprietary integrated dual/hybrid waveguide system.
- 1” HF driver, 8” LF mechanically time-aligned with twin 12” sub-bass drivers per channel.
- Ultra-wide sweet spot, rich detailed controlled 100 H/40 V degree dispersion, 20Hz to 22kHz.
- 3400 watts/channel of pure power, Digital & Analog inputs, accepting 24bit/192kHz data streams.
- Capable of delivering 120db SPL with incredibly solid bass and center imaging performance.
- Can be set up free-standing or soffit-mounted with supplied remote amplifiers.