Spectral Plugins has launched an update to the effect plugin designed to bring all of the lo-fi, vintage feel of cassette tapes to your sound.
Version 1.1.1 of OCS-45 adds some new presets, and merges VST, VST3 and AU macOS version into a universal (Intel + M1) build.
Get instant retro vibes by choosing from four authentic cassette types, each with its own distinct character, and add in all the charming imperfections of tape by combining pitch modulation, background noise and dropouts.
As well as being a cassette simulation plugin, OCS-45 is a rich distortion processing unit with five precisely programmed distortion types – perfect for adding extra life and warmth to anything you put it on. And, with Dry/Wet and Bypass controls for each effects module, you’re in full control, whether you want nostalgic cassette emulation or more creative effects combinations.
- 4 authentic cassette emulations (Ferric, Chromium, Ferrichrome, Metal).
- Quality, dry/wet and mono settings for cassette types.
- Five precisely programmed distortion types (Tube, Diode, Soft Clip. Saturation, Downsample).
- Wow/Flutter module with rate and depth parameters controlling each effect.
- 4 noise models with adjustable level.
- Dropouts control running independently on input signal and (optionally) noise signal.
- Input/Output gain panel with global dry/wet control.
- Effects modules have dry/wet and bypass controls.
- Dropouts can be applied to Noise signal as well as main signal.
- 80+ factory presets for instant sounds.
- Higher Oversampling option, Dark Mode, choice of window size.
Available in VST/VST3, AU and AAX plugin formats for Windows and Mac, OCS-45 is available to purchase for $15 USD.
More information: Spectral Plugins